16 Street, San Francisco
These directions are for exporting from InDesign CS3 to Blurb’s Booksmart software.
Open your book in InDesign.
- If you are doing full bleed images, make sure that your document as an extra 1/8" bleed on all margins.
In InDesign, choose File | Export.
- Choose for Adobe PDF Preset: [High Quality Print]
- Check Spreads
- In the left-hand side, choose Marks and Bleeds item
- Check Use Document Bleed Settings
- Click Export
Open Bridge and select your newly exported PDF
- Right click on your PDF and choose Open With -> Adobe Photoshop CS3
In Photoshop, you now have the Import PDF dialog open
- Select all the pages to convert
- Choose Media Box from the Crop To choices. In the dialog, look at the image size values to make sure that you have a full bleed image. Mine has an extra 1/8" on all margins.
- Click OK and your will have all your page spreads open as images.
- Assign the sRGB profile to your images. Use the Edit | Assign Profile command.
- Save your pages to a directory.
Open Booksmart software.
- Create a new book of the correct size and choose blank for the template
- Import your page spread images that you just created in Photoshop.
- Drop your images onto your blank pages.